Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2009

Glamour Capelet and the Irish Clan Aran

My second project with StitchDiva was a beautiful Capelet linked here: http://www.stitchdiva.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SDS-011

The one in the link above is in worsted weight but my project was done in a different weight. It was this beautiful luscious yarn which felt like a cloud. If you take a look you will see the added ruffle at the hem which makes the capelet very special. Now that was a new technique for me but I loved the challenge! The lady never ceases to amaze.

And about the Murphy Clan Sweater. It was a pattern in "The Complete Book of NeedleCraft" by Jennifer Kirkwood. I found a website that explains the history of Irish names and how this is represented in the aran sweater. Very awesome. http://clanaran.com/ They list alot of names, their history, each name's clan pattern and how the stitches relate. I found this site after I knit my sweater up, which was kinda cool.

Gotta go. Lots of gran-kiddies running around making demands. Uggggh!
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment