Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

times they are a changin'

fast! Yeah every time I turn around there is something new is going on. Here at my house. The list:

Not working. I have to stay at home because my grandson will soon be out of early head start. And I have custody.

Two of my sons (who used to babysit so I could work) they now have work pending. They are wielders. A real hit and miss kind of thing. They are on the last rung at the bottom of the ladder. You know the score. BUT there is work to be had. That is a good thing.

Scored some fleece. Two actually. And so a new adventure begins. Which I am loving. These fleeces were a freebie. What up with that? Yes God I Will Follow You Down Any Fiber Path. Course I do not have a clue as to what anything should look like. One fleece was very dirty. 4 hot water washes this creature took. 3 bottles of blue dish detergent. I bought 2 thin wire dog brushes and 2 steel dog combs. Guess you know what those are for. As I sit combing out this fuzzy fiber my husband actually had the nerve to say, "that looks like something a crazy, evil person would do." Well babe you better start getting used to it. Oh yeah.

The fleece was given to me when I volunteered at a local fair. click next until you see the sheep's wool! Pretty grimy. You can see my pile to the left. I am standing behind the camera. Just the way I like. But the Heritage Farm Museum shows how our early settlers lived. A neat place do a vacation at.

Have been looking for equipment for spinning. On The Cheap. I made a spindle with a short wood knitting needle, size 11, a round wood tinker toy connector with small rocks glued into it's holes around the edge and a cup hook screwed on top. Spun and plied one wee hank. Not to bad. When my rechargables are ready, will put up pictures of my stuff. My goodies.
Want a wool picker and a some wool combs. Want a spinning wheel. For as close to free as I can get. I'm thinking Make It Yourself. Which is not free but close enough, really.

Here are 2 different links for a PVC pipe wheel. Dragons Keep's wheel  This'un's free.

Doni Stuff's stuff  This one's for purchase. 7 bucks.

The other two items on my list? Got blessed. A gent sent me two of his wood working plans. For combs and a box picker. Free. What's wrong with him?! He asked me to put a close pin on my lips about this. His web site is still being worked on and will soon begin sales for his Fiber Woodworking Plan Creations. They are priced very reasonable. But for those of you with folding money right now here is Kaydessa's safe box woolpicker . Some wool pickers look like something that dude from the movie "Pit and the Pendulum" might use to torture you. Slowly. Painfully. I would say you could not use these things around kids. But the one in the above link looks very safe.

And so some changes are very good. Some are on the okay side. Some are a real bummer. Like making no money. That sucks!

Okay, have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment