Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

hand made spindles

they are rough looking but work okay

The one on top is made from an old dowel, about the same size in diameter as an 11 needle, a wooded lamp base piece and some glue. It seems that Elmer's School Glue Gel works better than Titebond wood glue. Whats up with that?


The bottom spindle is made up of my other lost, but now found, size 11 knitting needle, a tinker round and a CD, plus a washer for some weight. The CD and washer resisted being glued but setting over night helped hold them together.


skein 2 is my newest twist adventure
should I or should I not dye

I think skein 2 came out a bit better though my camera is giving me the heebee jeebies.
I cannot get rid of that damn date on Q mode.
Me and my camera are not getting along.
What the devil did I do different from pic 1 to pic 2?
strange
Sorry about the picture fuzziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment