Search This Blog

Friday, May 8, 2015

The Knitting Guild Association (TKGA)

I did it. I went and paid for the Masters Hand Knitting course. It is very hard. Very, very hard. And we are talking Level One. 17 swatches with questions plus their references; a report also with references; a pattern for the project which must also have, yes, you guessed it, references. At least two each. Don't count it up. You don't want to, I'm telling ya. Then all swatches much be properly dressed. You know, washed, dried and tidied up. I hear these ladies use a magnifying glass to check the work. Every time I pull out the needles I start breaking out in a sweat. They do state they are not being critics. Thank the knitting goddesses in the sky. They just want a person to be the best knitter they can be. An excellent knitter. Master Hand Knitter. Way I see it all the itchy hives and heart palpitations is worth every moment. Keep me in your prayers.

I keep wiping out my report. I hate everything I say. Two pages. Four pages. I can't help it. Oh well. I must bite the bullet, right? Just doooo it.

Volunteered at a local museum this past Saturday. It's called WayBack Weekend at http://www.heritagefarmmuseum.com/  So much fun. If you ever visit this neck of the woods be sure to check them out. It is all about life back in the day. Next month's wayback is Appalachian music.

Maybe I'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment